For those of you that have asked about Chris Jericho’s status and the rumors about Vince McMahon being blindsided, here is an update to shoot some of the rumors down.
McMahon wished Jericho a happy birthday on Thursday. Also, Tokyo sports got a quote from a WWE that says “Although Jericho is not full-time, he still has a deal with WWE, so of course Vince (President McMahon) is also giving permission for this entry.” (note: that was a translation from the Tokyo Sports website).
— Vince McMahon (@VinceMcMahon) November 9, 2017
The WWE deal might be some sort of Legends or appearance contract. Whatever it is, it is clear that Jericho did not blindside WWE as some have claimed.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- How Vince McMahon reportedly felt about Chris Jericho competing at Wrestle Kingdom 12
- Things got awkward when Liv Morgan’s ex wrestled her current boyfriend
- Former Women’s Champion is ready to return to WWE for a match with Charlotte Flair
- Chris Jericho reveals why WWE declined his offer to use NXT talent on his cruise
- Tension between WWE and Chris Jericho?