The Samoan Submission Machine might be crazy strong in the ring but he’s just a human being. He bleeds just like everybody else but when his knee was injured recently it wasn’t expected at all.
Samoa Joe was slated to face John Cena in what would have been an epic match on the following Raw but it never happened. But there is good news for those who miss seeing him latch a Coquina Clutch on unsuspecting victims.
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports at last word Samoa Joe is expected to make an in-ring return around late-October. It’s unclear if they plan on using him immediately, but he’ll be missing a good amount of time for this knee injury in the end.
Hopefully, WWE will be able to move him into something quickly as they build toward Survivor Series. So don’t hold your breath to see Joe make any kind of surprise attack any time soon, because current word says he slated to return at the end of October.
Let’s just hope he can stay healthy so Joe doesn’t have to take any more time away due to injury.
Here are some more trending WWE news stories from the past week:
- WWE’s intention with John Cena vs Roman Reigns at No Mercy
- WWE has signed another former ROH star
- Young Bucks issued a “cease and desist” from WWE
- WWE stars not happy about Monday Night Raw being live on Christmas night
- Incident at talent meeting is what likely led to WWE slowing down Baron Corbin’s push