Former WCW Champion Vader took to Twitter on Friday night to give fans an update on his health. As previously noted, he underwent open heart surgery on Monday. His son Jesse noted that the surgery was a success but things were worse than expected. Aside from that comment, there’s no word on Vader’s prognosis going forward.
Vader said the following on Twitter:
5 days since my surgery & it has been some the worst pain I have ever endured. The Hospital staff has been excellent and my surgeon was fantastic. I am greatful for the life I've had & the opportunitny to continue to live. THANK YOU JESUS. https://t.co/vA6VyYDrHZ
— Big Van Vader (@itsvadertime) March 31, 2018
Vader’s health issues in recent years have been well documented. In 2016, he said that he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and he wasn’t expected to live more than a couple of years. He has been lobbying to get into the WWE Hall Of Fame but, so far, there is nothing indicating that WWE is headed in that direction. There is no doubt that he should be inducted and deserves to honored for his contributions to the wrestling business.
On behalf of everyone here at WrestlingNews.co, we send our best wishes to Vader and we hope for a speedy and complete recovery.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- Here is what we know about The Undertaker “American Badass” return rumors
- WWE news on post-WrestleMania plans for Roman Reigns
- Don’t hold your breath on The Shield reuniting in the near future
- SPOILERS: Top indie star turns down Impact Wrestling to remain available
- SPOILER: WWE has big plans for Samoa Joe