You never know what can happen when a WWE TV show goes off the air. In Toronto this week, the live crowd was treated to a fantastic contest between four main even level Superstars after Smackdown and 205 Live. Well, Baron Corbin isn’t a main event level guy if you ask Dave Meltzer but that’s a different story.
Baron Corbin and Kevin Owens teamed up to face Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles. Even though fans would love to see AJ and Shinsuke face each other in a big match situation these guys also make amazing partners and they demonstrated this fact during the dark match after the show.
The heels jumped Shinsuke during his entrance which really makes us wonder how many times WWE is going to keep returning to that well in order to draw heat. It’s getting to the point where I’m paying more attention to the darkness behind Shinsuke during his entrance to see if someone is running up to him. But the WWE Universe loves Nakamura’s entrance and interrupting it is a great way to get people to boo.
The babyfaces primarily Shinsuke took a good amount of punishment but in the end, Styles and Nakamura prevailed to send the crowd home very happy. Thanks to the nonstop editing prowess of Brian The Guppie we can enjoy pretty much this entire match.
It got pretty hardcore too and Corbin landed a stiff chair shot to Nakamura’s back. But Corbin would eventually go through a table leaving Kevin Owens to eat a Phenomenal Forearm and a Kinshasa. That’s a fair trade, right?
— Brian The Guppie (@briantheguppie) August 9, 2017
Catch up on the latest WWE news items from the past 24 hours by clicking below
- Vince McMahon reportedly furious with Shinsuke Nakamura after last week’s Smackdown Live
- Dave Meltzer says Baron Corbin is an example of WWE’s “fetish with tall guys”
- Former WWE star shoots on Enzo Amore: “He absolutely believes his own bullsh**”
- You’ve got to see what The Rock added to his famous Brahma Bull tattoo
- Ronda Rousey preparing for a run in WWE?
- Finn Balor’s hilarious response to WWE making fidget spinners