The Mae Young Classic is going to be a great group of shows. Fans will be able to binge watch every episode as WWE Network releases the episodes in blocks. But one of the most exciting things about the Mae Young Classic might be the fact Ronda Rousey was at ringside to watch her friend compete.
If you’re just a fan of WWE you know the 4 Horsewomen as Charlotte’s Flair group of outstanding female talent who banded together in NXT. Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks, and Bayley held it down for the longest time as the best female talent in WWE’s developmental program.
But on the other side of the coin, you have Ronda Rousey’s band of fierce females. Ronda Rousey, Shayna Baszler, Jessamyn Duke, and Marina Shafir are known as MMA’s 4 Horsewomen. Well, Baszler was competing in the Mae Young classic and while we’re not going to spoil anything let’s just say she did pretty well for herself.
You can see in this clip taken by a fan at the show that after a win by Shayna Baszler, she had some taunting for WWE’s Horsewomen at ringside. The camera pans over and you can see Ronda and her crew joining in. Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch didn’t look like they were backing down a bit. Bayley seemed to be more entertained while they taunted some of MMA’s most dangerous females.
If WWE can make this match happen you better believe it will take place. If this was a planned spot for the show and WWE already has the wheels in motion that would be worth the price of admission to see this WrestleMania worthy match-up.
— Brian The Guppie (@briantheguppie) July 15, 2017
It’s been a busy week full of news. If you’d like to catch up on some of the top stories from this week, check out some of the links below:
- WWE planning on signing lots of Mae Young Classic participants
- Eric Bischoff reveals who he heard Kurt Angle’s mystery guest really is
- WWE Talking Smack hosts were never told about the show being canceled as a weekly series
- Dana Warrior shoots down Ryback’s claim that he almost wrestled The Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania 30
- Update on Shelton Benjamin’s possible WWE status
- Lots of familiar names at Thursday’s WWE Mae Young Classic tapings
- WWE star has backstage heat, gets kicked off talent bus by Roman Reigns
- WWE star has heat over his political views and strong support for Donald Trump