I’m surprised at the amount of emails sent in from readers asking what is going on with Brock Lesnar.
If it wasn’t clear 2 weeks ago then it should be clear by now that the whole Brock Lesnar “no showing” Raw stuff is purely storyline. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported last week that the idea to have Lesnar “no show” a couple of weeks ago was a last minute decision as a way to play off the photo that Dana White posted on Twitter and to capitalize on some of the resentment from fans because Lesnar is a part-timer. WWE is hoping that this will get Reigns over to his detractors.
As noted earlier, although he was advertised for the show, Lesnar and Paul Heyman were not backstage at Raw in Detroit. In fact, the WWE app sent out an alert about an hour before Raw teasing a face-to-face confrontation even though Lesnar was not backstage.
Vince McMahon announced on Raw that Reigns has been “temporarily suspended” which could be their way to keep Lesnar and Reigns separated until the “go home” show for WrestleMania. According to McMahon, Lesnar will be appearing on next week’s show.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- WWE will introduce another new title during WrestleMania weekend
- Former Cruiserweight Champion announces plans to retire amidst controversy
- Former WWE Diva is training for her return to wrestling
- Scott Hall insults two WWE legends and sparks major backlash in the process
- Cue the CM Punk rumors…City and venue announced for Bullet Club’s “All In” show