WWE has announced that The Big Show suffered a right hip injury and he will have to undergo surgery.
WWE is saying that the injury happened during his steel cage match with Braun Strowman but the reality is that it was known before the match that he was going to get the surgery. James McKenna reported that it was just a slight hip issue.
He was supposed to go under the knife last week but things got postponed because of Hurricane Irma. Big Show lives in Tampa, Florida.
— WWE (@WWE) September 11, 2017
The surgery is now scheduled for 9/29. There’s no word on how long he will be out of action or if he will be returning to action. I say that because his WWE contract expires in February and there’s been talk of him retiring and trying his hand at acting in movies.
Here are some more trending wrestling news stories from the past week:
- WWE couple splits up after alleged cheating
- Former WWE Star Pregnant With Quadruplets
- Potential WWE No Mercy spoiler
- Top WWE name is seen as controversial by some people in WWE management and creative
- Identity of Dolph Ziggler’s mystery valet on SmackDown Live