Lars Sullivan returned at Thursday night’s Impact Wrestling live event in Dade City, Florida. He disappeared from all NXT shows in early January and that led to speculation about his status.
Dave Meltzer reported earlier this week that Sullivan was having problems with his knee that he got surgery on a few years ago. There were also issues with his pituitary gland.
Sullivan was getting a monster push due, in part, due to his look. His look is because he had acromegaly, the same thing that Andre The Giant had. He has gotten surgery to take care of the acromegaly issues.
As you can see below, Sullivan returned to action with a huge knee brace on. His match was kept short to just under 3 minutes.
— FL Wrestling Fan (@FLWrestlingFan) February 9, 2018
Sullivan was originally slotted for the main event of NXT Takeover: New Orleans but those plans changed when he was pulled off the road due to his knee issues. There is one more set of tapings scheduled for next month but the top matches were already set up at last week’s tapings so he might need to wait until after WrestleMania for his main event push.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- SmackDown Live star finds loaded gun in rental car
- Vince McMahon steps aside, major changes to 205 Live
- Baron Corbin was kept off SmackDown Live this week for a very good reason
- WWE has picked a replacement for Jason Jordan at house shows
- Nia Jax’s opponent on Raw this week wasn’t old enough to vote