Due to reported budget cuts from Anthem Sports and Entertainment, a number of talent have left the company. Moreover, there have been a couple of cases where the next set of tapings in Ottawa, Canada, have affected the inability for talent to appear due to travel issues.
One of these names who has left the company is former Impact Wrestling X Division Champion, Rockstar Spud. During his time with the company, Spud has been a part of numerous angles, most notably being Dixie Carter’s assistant during her tyrannical run as an authority figure.
According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, Spud’s departure from Impact Wrestling was a business decision, and he requested his release from the company. In addition, there are reports that WWE may be interested in bringing on Spud to compete in the cruiserweight division.
If WWE does acquire Spud, he could also be a good addition to the UK Division, as fellow former X Division star Mark Andrews (known in TNA as Mandrews) left the company and competed in the UK Championship tournament in January of this year.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- Backstage news on why Sin Cara has been beating Baron Corbin
- Impact Wrestling management apologizes to Kazuchika Okada
- Former Impact Wrestling star could be on his way to WWE
- Long-time NXT star could finally be moving up to WWE’s main roster
- POSSIBLE SPOILERS: Upcoming Smackdown feuds, next challenger for the WWE Championship