As we previously reported, it looked like Samoa Joe might be ready to get back in the ring in March because he was still listed on the live event schedule. The card for next month’s Madison Square Garden show has changed a few times. That is not unusual but what stood out was the removal of Samoa Joe. He is not booked for anything and he’s been pulled from other shows in March which would indicate that the company does not think that he’ll be back in time.
The injury was to his foot during a match in January with Rhyno. Basically, he heard a pop on the bottom of his right foot and treatment would include putting a boot, crutches and platelet rich plasma injections. The injury can take weeks or months to heal so he is taking things week to week right now. As of now, it looks like he will miss WrestleMania, which is unfortunate since he was being pushed as a top heel on the Raw brand. This year would have been his first Mania appearance.
Here is the updated card for the Madison Square Garden show on March 16:
– Braun Strowman vs. Kane vs. Brock Lesnar in a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Universal Championship
– Roman Reigns vs. The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship
– John Cena vs. Elias
Other names scheduled to appear include Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Sheamus, Cesaro, Matt Hardy, Bray Wyatt, Alexa Bliss, Sasha Banks, Asuka and Bayley.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- SmackDown Live star finds loaded gun in rental car
- Vince McMahon steps aside, major changes to 205 Live
- Baron Corbin was kept off SmackDown Live this week for a very good reason
- WWE has picked a replacement for Jason Jordan at house shows
- Nia Jax’s opponent on Raw this week wasn’t old enough to vote