For the second time, Big Show and Braun Strowman delivered a great Monday Night Raw main event. Show pulled out one of his best matches in years with some high-risk spots off the top rope and then the brutal bump through the steel cage during the closing minutes of the show. Show seemed to be favoring his hip as they went off the air and apparently he wasn’t just selling a kayfabe injury. It looks like he was really banged up because, as reported by James McKenna of Pro Wrestling Sheet, he is scheduled to get surgery for a slight hip issue.
just a fyi – hearing big show is getting surgery for a slight hip issue very very soon. expect a braun mauling finish tonight. #RAW
— james mckenna (@chillhartman) September 5, 2017
McKenna’s tweet was sent out a couple of hours before the main event so the surgery was something that was already planned. There’s no word on how long he will be out of action but his time in WWE as a full-time performer is limited. His WWE contract expires in 2018 and he is looking at getting into acting. We wish him a speedy recovery.
Here are some more trending WWE news stories from the past week:
- WWE stars not happy about Monday Night Raw being live on Christmas night
- Incident at talent meeting is what likely led to WWE slowing down Baron Corbin’s push
- WATCH: Things got real backstage between Ronda Rousey’s and Charlotte Flair’s Horsewomen
- REPORT: The real reason why JBL is leaving WWE Smackdown
- MAJOR name returning to WWE?