On Tuesday’s Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer answered some reader questions and one of them was about Bobby Lashley and EC3 potentially making the jump to WWE. Meltzer said, “My impression is that EC3 is gonna go to WWE. With Lashley, there was a lot of bitterness when he left [in 2008] on both sides.”
We have said before that there is interest in both of them. Lashley’s situation is interesting. At 41 years old, he looks great and he is better at promos than he was during his first WWE run. However, there was heat with Michael Hayes and Hayes still works for the company. Meltzer did mention how time can heal wounds in wrestling. We’ve certainly seen that with names like Bill Goldberg, Bruno Sammartino and others being welcomed back into the fold.
Impact Wrestling is cutting all of the big money contracts so it’s almost certain that both Lashley and EC3 are on their way out when their deals expire. Lashley has expressed interest in a match with Brock Lesnar.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Former WWE Intercontinental Champion teases return at the Royal Rumble
- WWE star turns heel by turning his back on the fans
- Backstage news on WrestleMania plans for John Cena
- Impact Wrestling star not headed to WWE anytime soon
- NXT Star marries Tough Enough winner