WWE has issued a cease and desist letter to The Young Bucks over the “Too Sweet” hand gesture. Previously, they joked that were issued a cease and desist and were forced to stop doing the “suck it” gesture but this time it’s the real deal.
In a Reddit AMA session, Matt Jackson noted that 24 hours after the Bullet Club Raw ‘invasion’ on Monday, they received a letter. The letter was a cease and desist from WWE. Matt said, “24 hrs after the #BCInvasion, we (Nick & I) received a certain type of letter. Yes. They are trying to do just that.” Later, when a user asked if he could get a “too sweet,” Matt answered, “Umm, legally, I probably shouldn’t.” Another user asked what the chances are for them to eventually sign with WWE. Nick Jackson replied, “After what we received yesterday chances have gotten low.”
That’s interesting because last year WWE.com did a story on the “too sweet” hand gesture and Kevin Nash noted that it came from The North Carolina State Wolfpack. In the late 90’s, the gesture was known in wrestling circles as the Turkish Wolf up.
The Bucks would be hit with $150,000 in damages or more if they did not stop using their IP on merchandise. There’s no word right now what happens from here but the Bucks have consulted with their lawyer to figure out what they can do. As noted earlier, Vince McMahon was not happy (click here to read more on that) about the Bullet Club showing up outside of the arena on Monday. I don’t know for a fact that this is retaliation from WWE but the timing seems too convenient not to be.
If you didn’t see the Bullet Club’s Raw invasion then you are in luck because you can see it by clicking here.
As you can see below, they’ve already had to alter some of their merchandise:
— Lucy🌸 (@LuluBlaah) September 27, 2017
— Logan® (@Lo9an12) September 27, 2017
Ric Flair’s fiancee reacts to his claim of having sex with 10,000 women
Ric Flair is making news again this week. As noted on Tuesday, People.com was able to obtain quotes from the upcoming “30 for 30” special that will air in November on ESPN. The special will cover his in-ring career and his real-life. In order to accurately document Flair’s life, you have to talk about the women in his life.
This will not be an ordinary “30 for 30” special. There’s so much to cover with Ric Flair and you can’t do a special on the Nature Boy without addressing the thousands of women that he’s been with during most of his adult life. Yes, that’s right. Flair claimed that he slept with 10,000 women dating back to his early days in the wrestling business in the early 1970’s. So, how did his fiancee Wendy Barlow respond? Check out the screenshot below from her Facebook page:
Ric Flair's fiancee. No chill. pic.twitter.com/ThOwLvnbdW
— Fightful.com (@FightfulOnline) September 27, 2017
One thing is for sure…Wendy Barlow (the former Fifi The Maid in WCW) is cool in my book. I think Flair has finally found “the one.” Since they got together 5 years ago, she’s been by his side at autograph signings and special appearances. She’s been there when he was at his bet and at his worst, including the recent health scare that almost took his life. There is no doubt that Barlow saved his life when she took him to the hospital last month.
Flair has come to grips with the fact he can no longer keep up with his old lifestyle but, as he told ESPN, “I only love one now. I have never done anything since I met Wendy.” Flair added, “I’m really focused on getting well and just enjoying my life with Wendy.”
Flair has a long road ahead of him. Last month Barlow took him to a hospital in Atlanta after he complained of extreme stomach pain. It turned out that his kidneys were failing and his heart issues had gotten worse. He was placed in a medically induced coma with a 20% chance of surviving surgery but he made it and he is on the mend. Flair continues do physical rehab and the good news is that he is slowly gaining strength and looking better with each passing day. Thanks, in large part, to his fiancee Wendy Barlow, the Nature Boy is still stylin and profilin.
We wish the Nature Boy a speedy recovery and hopefully, we can see him give us another “Wooooo!” on WWE TV in the near future.
Brock Lesnar has a few dates left on his contract for the remainder of this year so, naturally, he will be taking a break and will be off TV for a while.
It appears that the feud with Braun Strowman is done at least until after WrestleMania) if Lesnar signs a new deal with the company). For those of you wondering what’s next when he returns to WWE TV, Finn Balor is next on the list. Balor is booked for a rematch with Bray Wyatt at TLC pay-per-view and Lesnar will be off TV until late October so the match will likely take place at the Survivor Series or the Royal Rumble.
Balor would be considered a bump in the road towards WrestleMania. As previously noted on the site, WWE has big long-term plans for Lesnar at Mania (click here if you want to know who he is scheduled to face at Mania – it’s a spoiler).
So, when will you see Lesnar back in action? He is scheduled to appear at a non-televised event in Winnipeg at the Bell MTS Palace on 9/30. On 10/23 he is scheduled to appear on Monday Night Raw in Green Bay, WI at the Resch Center. And finally, he is scheduled to appear on Raw on 11/13, which is the go-home show for the Survivor Series.
Nia Jax responds to fan upset because WWE announces her weight, Paige chimes in
On Monday, we wrote about Kurt Angle’s response to a fan asking why Nia Jax is the only woman in WWE to have her weight announced during her entrance. The trend continued on Monday when her weight was announced while the other women that were introduced only had their name and residence mentioned during their entrance.
This was brought up by a fan on Twitter and Jax responded: “Everyone deals w/their weight differently. To me, it’s just a number! I am a HEALTHY woman & happy w/my body. Embrace yourself & beauty.”
Everyone deals w/their weight differently. To me, it's just a number! I am a HEALTHY woman & happy w/my body. Embrace yourself & beauty https://t.co/v6G8q1tpj5
— Nia Jax (@NiaJaxWWE) September 26, 2017
That was followed up by this nice message from Paige: “You’re beautiful inside and out girl. A true role model and very inspiring. Keep doing what you’re doing! Miss you!!!”
You're beautiful inside and out girl. A true role model and very inspiring. Keep doing what you're doing! Miss you!!!
— PAIGE (@RealPaigeWWE) September 26, 2017
Awwww ❤️❤️❤️ you're amazing!! https://t.co/vhZpYWvB7g
— Nia Jax (@NiaJaxWWE) September 27, 2017
Earlier this year, it was reported that the reason why WWE announces her weight is that they see it as a marketing technique to get her over. During an interview on Chris Jericho’s podcast, she said that she once called The Rock about WWE announcing her weight and he helped to put her at ease. She then said that John Laurinaitis explained to her WWE’s reasoning. She said, “I guess it’s more of showing people ‘she’s this weight and can move.” Jax continued, “I’m literally almost three hundred pounds. I’m heavy and outweighing some of the guys. I’m a heavy girl. And [Laurinaitis] was like ‘yeah, but it’s almost three hundred pounds, you’re beautiful, you’re athletic’ and I’m like ‘ok…ok.”
Side note: Paige is cleared to return to action. Click here if you want to know which brand she will be on.