Chris Jericho has saved the day again for another professional wrestler.
As we noted earlier this month, “Nasty Boy” Brian Knobbs needed help to cover medical costs after he suffered a debilitating infection in his knee that called for a total knee replacement. A GoFundMe account with a $10,000 goal was set up to help him out.
The goal was reached thanks to donations from friends and fans and a very nice $1,500 donation from Chris Jericho.
It’s not the first time Jericho has done this. He has quietly donated to many campaigns including the following:
– $5,000 to help cover the funeral expenses for Balls Mahoney
– $2,500 towards the fundraiser set up by Tyler Breeze and Kevin Owens for the victims of the Alberta forest fires
– $3,000 towards Rico Constantino’s medical bills
– $2,500 towards Rex King’s funeral costs
– $2,500 to help with Jerry Lynn pay for several medical procedures
– $2,000 towards the Buffalo Brothers Car Accident Recovery Fund
– $500 to help a sick cat named Jax
– $2,000 to help with former Smoky Mountain Ring announcer Tommy Noe’s medical costs
– $2,500 to help friend Alexandria Finley beat cancer
– $300 (out of the $300 goal) to help get boots for wrestler Black Dragon (Bret Komo)
– $5,000 to help save Kamala’s house
– $1,500 for Superstar Billy Graham’s emergency medical fund
Jericho might be an SOB on AEW TV but the reality is that he’s one of the nicest guys in real life.