AEW star Jon Moxley is the guest on Talk is Jericho this week. Chris Jericho said the interview was conducted before Moxley made his AEW debut at Double Or Nothing.
It’s a very good interview and worth a listen. Here are some highlights:
– He mentioned how he was quiet when word leaked out (from WWE’s side) that he was not going to renew his contract. He also mentioned the weird statement WWE put out on their website.
– He’s happier now than he’s ever been now that he is free from WWE. He also said that he has nothing but gratitude for WWE because he got to live his dream and he got to meet his wife while working for them.
– Moxley said he knew in July 2018 that he was going to leave. This was when he was injured with a triceps injury. While rehabbing, he worked out harder and got in great shape because he wanted to make sure he did everything possible before making his final decision to leave.
– He talked about his babyface run and being given things that were not cool or relatable. He mentioned that it was a constant battle to get things changed. Jericho said he went through that and it gets exhausting.
– He talked about the time he was asked to cut a promo on the fans and to call them smelly and disgusting. There was another time when he was supposed to say something about Roman Reigns’ leukemia and he refused to say it. Moxley said the line was so bad that they could have lost sponsors. He refused to say what was asked of him.
– He talked about a segment where a doctor was going to inoculate him from fans. Moxley hated this and wondered why he was being asked to do “goofy crap.” Vince McMahon thought it was a well-written segment. Moxley said he went with it and he’s the best man for the job to give the best effort even if it’s something he thinks is stupid.
– He talked about getting his love back for wrestling now that he’s gone from WWE.
– Moxley said he would have still left WWE even if there was no AEW and he was already thinking about leaving before he knew about AEW. He also said WWE offered him more money to stay but he never looked at the offer. His house is paid off and he doesn’t need the money.
– He talked about being asked to take a bump for Nia Jax. This was asked shortly after he let the company know that he wasn’t going to renew his contract. He had no issue with Nia but felt this was WWE’s way to bury him.
– He talked about losing to EC3 in a short match. He put over EC3. Moxley also challenged Vince McMahon to fix the broken creative process.
– He mentioned that the video of him breaking out of jail was filmed in February by Nick Mondo. It cost about $8,000.
You can listen to the entire podcast by clicking below:
For those of you that missed it, click below to see Moxley’s debut at AEW Double Or Nothing: