Here are some more notes from AEW Revolution post-show media call:
– Khan mentioned that Kenny Omega built a dud explosion and that’s why Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston are doing great after the main event. He said that Moxley is lucky that Omega’s plan didn’t work. Khan talked about being glad to have “an out” with Omega building a dud explosion and you can only do so much without actually injuring people.
– Khan said that fans will see more of Maki Itoh on AEW and Rebel is already trying to get out of Wednesday’s six-woman tag team match.
– Khan says he has known Christian for 7 years and Christian told him that he would like to work regularly for the company. Khan says he didn’t know that Christian was not under contract with WWE and he was kicking himself for not signing him when he saw his return at the Royal Rumble.
– There are no plans to start touring yet but they will slowly start to increase capacity at Daily’s Place since it’s an outdoor venue.
– PAC/Fenix vs. Young Bucks will happen “well before” Double Or Nothing.
– Khan put over Red Velvet and said a contract is coming for her.
– Khan said the women will main event Dynamite soon and “maybe in the next few weeks.”
– Ethan Page’s signing was in the works for a long time and they had to work through visa issues.
– Big Swole has been out with Crohn-related flare-ups. He put her over.
– He put over the cinematic match and he did not rule out Sting doing a regular match.
– Khan reiterated that Omega did a crayon drawing of the exploding ring and Omega did not know how to properly build it. It sounds like Khan is saying that the ending of the main event was planned. That does not explain Eddie Kingston passing out.
– Khan added that fans will see things this year that they aren’t expecting.
Click below to hear what Khan said about the ending for the main event.