There's yet another departure at Impact Wrestling. Shortly after this week's show, referee Brian Stiffler announced that he had been granted his release from the company. His release follows the recent departures of Rockstar Spud, MJ Jenkins, Marshe Rockett and referees Brian Hebner and Robert King.
The referee departures are not a shock because the word at Impact is that they will be using a lot of local staff in Ottawa for the pay-per-view and upcoming tapings so that they can get a tax break and to cut down on travel costs.
Also, as noted on Wednesday night, a top Impact Wrestling star could be on his way out by next week. Click here to read more.
Names that have been released this year include: Davey Richards, Madison Rayne, Al Snow, Reno Scum, Mia Yim, Mike Kanellis, Maria Kanellis, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Reby Hardy, The Pope, Gaby Castrovinci, Taryn Terrell, Rockstar Spud, Crazzy Steve, Drew Galloway, Jesse Godderz, Aron Rex, Jeff Jarrett, Marshe Rockett, Eddie Kingston, Matt Morgan, Tyrus, Low Ki, Aiden O'Shea, Marti Belle, Davey Richards, Cody Rhodes, Robbie E, Magnus, referee Brian Hebner, referee Robert King, and referee Brian Stiffler.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- Why is WWE having a Championship match on SmackDown Live next week?
- Likely reason why Stephanie McMahon returned on WWE Monday Night Raw
- Top WWE Raw Superstar could enter title picture soon
- Top Impact Wrestling star could be headed to WWE
- SPOILER: Leaked WWE Survivor Series poster reveals special referee for main event