In his latest daily update, Dave Meltzer reported that the reason why Brandi Rhodes is no longer with GFW Impact Wrestling is that she requested her release.
Rhodes got a non-wrestling television show gig and GFW wanted a percentage of it and that led to her asking for her release. The new GFW contracts require the talent to give up 10 percent from outside bookings. In addition to that, GFW keeps 100 percent of merchandise revenue sold through them. Needless to say, there are wrestlers that are not happy about that.
In regards to Nick “Magus” Aldis’ departure from Impact Wrestling, he said the following on the Pancakes & Powerslams podcast: “There was no release. There was nothing like that. A contract was offered to me, which I declined. Anthem offered me a contract. I read the contract. It’s not something that, I’ll say this in the nicest way that I can, it’s not a contract that anyone with any value, any sense of self-value, or self-worth would sign. There’s no point in signing a contract to make you exclusive to one place if you’re not getting anything in return.”
Aldis was working on a handshake deal and was willing to continue working under those terms but GFW wanted him to sign with them and he refused. He says that they stopped booking him at that point and he had been loyal to Jeff Jarrett for a long time (he was crowned as the first GFW Champion at the AMPED TV tapings in 2015 and worked several live events for him) and Jarrett was not the person to deliver the news to him about the company no longer wanting to continue with the handshake agreement. Aldis also talked about there being a lot of negativity that he did not want to be associated with. He lives in Orlando with his wife Mickie James so I would not be surprised if WWE offered him a deal.
Need to catch up on the latest news? Check out some of the top news stories from the last 24 hours by clicking below.
- New details on what caused Roman Reigns to kick Enzo Amore off the WWE talent bus
- WWE pulls offer to sign one of the best wrestlers in the world
- Jason Jordan ribbed backstage at Raw over Karen Jarrett-Braun Strowman incident
- More details on how AJ Styles reacted backstage after his match with Kevin Owens at WWE Battleground
- Photos from GFW Impact Wrestling’s first house show in almost two years
- GFW loses possible partnership because they won’t release the Broken Hardy Gimmick