Eddie Edwards underwent a CT scan on Saturday night after the Impact Wrestling tapings. For those of you that missed it, there was a spot with Sami Callahan placing a chair on Edwards’ head and then hitting the chair with a baseball bat. The bat ricocheted and ended up hitting Edwards hard in the head. Fans in attendance said that there was a ton of blood and Edwards rushed to get to the backstage area.
In an update on Twitter, Edwards said that he suffered a couple of broken bones, cuts, and a black eye.
Thanks to everyone checkin in. Im good, couple broken bones couple cuts and a sweet black eye. Somedays youre the bat, somedays youre my eye
— Eddie Edwards (@TheEddieEdwards) January 14, 2018
The photo below was taken just before the bat ricocheted and hit Edwards:
— ray turski (@RayTurski) January 14, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- SPOILER: Major match with a returning Superstar planned for WrestleMania
- Headliner for WWE Hall Of Fame reportedly confirmed and it’s a big one
- Former WWE Women’s/Divas Champion contacted about returning for the women’s Royal Rumble
- SPOILER: Another name returning for the Raw 25th anniversary show
- Former WWE Women’s Champion is returning for the Royal Rumble