He’s only been back with the company for a few months but Low Ki is already gone from Global Force Wrestling, according to PWInsider. His departure occurred during this week’s TV tapings.
There are several different versions of the story going around. One of them is that there were financial dispute issues going on and other sources from within GFW claim that Low Ki was simply not happy with the creative laid out for him leading into Bound For Glory. He was supposed to be featured in an Ultimate X match at the pay-per-view but he wanted to be in the mix with the GFW Global Championship. The one thing that everyone seems to agree with is that it was Low Ki’s decision to leave and he was not fired. PWI cited a GFW source as saying that his departure was “amicable.”
Last week, on the almost-live episode of Impact Wrestling, he was supposed to wrestle then-GFW Champion Alberto El Patron but that changed when El Patron was stripped of his title and was wished well on his future endeavors by Jim Cornette.
Ki was recently added to Konnan’s LAX faction. I believe this would be the fifth time that he’s departed TNA/GFW.
Catch up on some of the big stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- SPOILER: Vince McMahon changes plans for WrestleMania 34 main event
- Why was The Undertaker in NYC during SummerSlam weekend?
- When John Cena vs Roman Reigns could possibly go down
- How long is Sasha Banks going to be Raw Women’s Champion?
- WWE Superstars upset with the Raw Brooklyn crowd but John Cena encourages them to have