You never know what can happen when you're dealing with GFW. One minute they have a champion and then you turn around after a scandal later and the belt is back around Bruce Prichard's shoulder.
Alberto El Patron was stripped of the GFW title and after some debate, the decision was made to simply give the title back to Bobby Lashley.
But in even truer Global Force Wrestling fashion, when Bobby Lashley was called down to the ring they had an even bigger surprise for fans.
Jim Cornette came down to the ring instead of Lashley and he made a grand gesture. After a bit of political talk and mumbo-jumbo Bruce Prichard was the one who apparently ended up on the unemployment line as Corney fired him.
Cornette got on the microphone and said we're about to see a new GFW and next week we would see a 20 man gauntlet match to determine a real champion.
There's been a ton of news in the last 48 hours. Click on the links below if you'd like to catch up on some of the top stories:
- Get all the updates about Ric Flair's current health situation here
- Brie Bella says Daniel Bryan will find a way to wrestle again
- GFW strips Alberto El Patron of World Championship
- Bayley’s injury may force WWE to delay plans for a major angle
- WWE star might be getting repackaged soon
- Enzo Amore's deleted post may have gotten him more heat in WWE