In the press release that was sent out to us earlier, all references to Global Force Wrestling have been dropped. The GFW references have also been dropped on their social media and their website. However, they will need to update their title belts once again to reflect the recent changes.
The GFW name was dropped shortly after Jeff Jarrett was sent home indefinitely to take care of his personal issues (believed to be alcohol-related). Word got out that the deal to “merge” Impact and GFW was never completed and Jarrett still owns the rights to Global Force Wrestling.
It’s not clear what Jarrett’s future is with the company but it’s clear by looking at their social media and their recent press release that they are going to be known (once again) as Impact Wrestling going forward.
Impact has released the following video to promote Bound For Glory in Ottawa, Canada:
Here are some more trending stories from the past couple of days:
- PHOTOS: WWE Mae Young Classic competitor Princesa Sugehit has been unmasked
- Reason why Stephanie McMahon came out for the Vince McMahon-Kevin Owens angle
- Two more top WWE NXT stars expected to move to the main roster soon
- AJ Styles wears a mask at WWE show in Japan
- What is going on with Luke Harper and Erick Rowan?