As noted last week, Impact Wrestling has begun their office move to Canada. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported this week that none of the office staff in Nashville have been told about their future with the company.
It was not mentioned in the Observer but some of staff was let go on Wednesday and more wrestlers are expected to be let go over the next few weeks. One name to look for is EC3, who is likely one of the highest paid wrestlers on the roster. Impact is cutting costs and there has been talk that they could ask wrestlers to restructure their deals with less pay.
James Storm, who was making somewhere between $150,000 to $200,000 per year, is the latest top star to leave because the company could not afford to sign him for that amount of money.
We noted earlier this week that approximately 40 people have left the company this year and that number is most on-air talent.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- There’s a good reason why Braun Strowman vs Kane wasn’t a “real match”
- Almost 40 people have left Impact Wrestling in 2017
- WWE changed plans for Paige’s surprise Raw return
- Ultimate Warrior’s brother not happy with Dana Warrior, says Warrior was broke before his death
- Edge responsible for bringing this former Impact Wrestling star to the WWE