A couple of weeks ago in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer noted that Impact Wrestling management has been trying to repair some of the burned bridges with companies they’ve worked with in the past.
PWInsider noted that when Scott D’Amore and Ed Nordholm visited Pro Wrestling NOAH a few weeks ago, they visited one of the New Japan events while they were in the area and Scott D’Amore talked to the New Japan Pro Wrestling locker room. D’Amore said that Impact would love to work with NJPW and he apologized to Kazuchika Okada for how he was used by Impact several years ago.
NJPW soured on TNA/Impact years ago and one of the main reasons was because of the way Okada was used. Basically, he was used as Samoa Joe’s lackey and was primarily used on their TNA Xplosion “B” show. Towards the end of his run in TNA, he was renamed Okato, a character based off of Kato from The Green Hornet series. Okada became the “Rainmaker” after his TNA run and he’s turned into one of the best wrestlers in the world.
NJPW is very aware of how badly Impact wants to work with them but they are focused on their relationship with Ring Of Honor.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- POSSIBLE SPOILERS: Upcoming Smackdown feuds, next challenger for the WWE Championship
- The Undertaker’s return to WWE is set
- More departures at Impact Wrestling/Anthem
- A former WWE Champion was contacted last weekend about being Finn Balor’s TLC opponent
- Natalya and Zack Ryder comment on accidental crotch grab while taking Raw “Under Siege”