Several people on social media have commented about Jimmy Jacobs being seen backstage at Bound For Glory in Ottawa. PWInsider reported that Jacobs is believed to be starting with the company this week. Given that they are deep in cost-cutting, I would bet that he will be used either at tonight’s PPV or at the TV tapings because they are not going to bring someone to hang out for no reason. When he was part of the WWE creative staff, Jacobs was under an employment agreement so that is why he is able to appear elsewhere without a 90-day non-compete. The wrestlers that were released last weekend would not be able to work for another wrestling company until the end of January.
There is a trailer backstage marked “DO NOT ENTER” so there might be another surprise set for tonight’s show. Alberto El Patron is set to appear tonight but there’s no word on what his role will be.
El Patron flew into Ontario yesterday.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- The Emmalina character reportedly played a big part in Emma’s WWE release
- Two WWE Superstars could be doing a double-turn soon
- WWE NXT star almost lost his job over the weekend amid controversy
- WWE tag team debuts their new look
- NXT wrestler announces that he has been released by WWE