For those of you wondering about Impact Wrestling’s situation with pop, there is an update in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
Basically, their deal with Pop expires on 12/31. However, it looks like they have gotten a short-term extension because they are expected to stay on the network at least for early 2019.
Ratings have dropped since Impact was moved to 10 pm eastern so it seems like their days on Pop are numbered. Last week, there was a commercial for Arolucha that aired during Impact. The commercial said “coming soon” which led to some fans thinking that Pop was going to replace Impact with Arolucha. The reality is that the commercial never said anything about starting on Pop TV.
Impact will return to the Nashville Fairgrounds for the Homecoming pay-per-view in January.
Here are the top matches based on the tapings that took place this week in Las Vegas:
– Johnny Impact vs. Brian Cage for the Impact World Championship
– LAX vs. Fenix and Pentagon for the Impact Tag Team Titles
– Tessa Blanchard vs. Taya Valkyrie for the Impact Knockouts Championship (Gail Kim as special referee)
– Jake Crist vs. Ethan Page vs. Rich Swan vs. Trey Miguel and others in an Ultimate X Match for the X-Division Title
– Sami Callihan vs. Willie Mack
– Abyss vs. Eli Drake in a Monsters Ball match
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!