The opening match for the NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13 main card has been revealed and it’s a good one. NJPW Announcer Chris Charlton announced earlier this week on his official Twitter account that NEVER Openweight Champion Kota Ibushi vs. Will Ospreay with the title being on the line would open the main card portion of the show, which is considered the biggest event of the year for New Japan Pro Wrestling.
Charlton wrote, “#njwk13 ‘s main card starts with Kota Ibushi vs Will Ospreay. An insane match to start that event, but it’s just as much a. Statement of intent for the year as it is for WK13. It’s starting huge and only getting bigger.”
#njwk13 ‘s main card starts with Kota Ibushi vs Will Ospreay. An insane match to start that event, but it’s just as much a. Statement of intent for the year as it is for WK13. It’s starting huge and only getting bigger.
— chris charlton (@reasonjp) December 31, 2018
Wrestle Kingdom 13 is slated to take place on January 4, 2019, at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan and will air live on NJPW World and on Fite TV. Here is the updated card for this show:
- IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: (C) Kenny Omega vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
- IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: (C) Chris Jericho vs. Tetsuya Naito
- Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match: (C) KUSHIDA vs. Taiji Ishimori
- IWGP United States Title Match: (C) Cody vs. Juice Robinson
- IWGP Tag Team Title Match: (C) Guerrillas of Destiny vs. The Young Bucks vs. EVIL and SANADA
- RevPro British Heavyweight Title Match: (C) Tomohiro Ishii vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Title Match: (C) Yoshinobu Kanemaru and El Desperado vs. Roppongi 3K vs. BUSHI and Shingo Takagi
- IWGP NEVER Openweight Title Match: (C) Kota Ibushi vs. Will
- Gauntlet Match to determine #1 Contenders for NEVER Six-Man Titles: Ryusuke Taguchi, Toru Yano, and Togi Makabe vs. David Finley, Jeff Cobb, and Yuji Nagata vs. Best Friends and Hirooki Goto vs. Killer Elite Squad and Minoru Suzuki vs. Marty Scurll, Adam Page, and Yujiro Takahashi
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!