As we noted earlier, Will Ospreay is questionable for WrestleMania weekend events due to a neck injury he suffered during his match with IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Marty Scurll at the NJPW Sakuraba Genesis show in Tokyo.
The story of the match was that Scurll was working on Ospreay’s neck but there was one spot that did not go exactly as planned. During the final minutes of the match, Ospreay executed a Spanish fly on the ring apron and that is when he landed neck and head first and he was cut open and bleeding at ringside. You can go back and watch and you’ll notice the ringside doctor attempting to check on him as Ospreay moved away from him so he could continue the match.
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted that Ospreay actually felt fine through the entire match but he was in excruciating pain as he got backstage.
Although he intends to make it to New Orleans, Ospreay said that he might not be able to and he will be getting his neck examined when he gets home.
It sounds bad but hopefully, that is not the case and we wish him a speedy and complete recovery.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- Here is what we know about The Undertaker “American Badass” return rumors
- WWE news on post-WrestleMania plans for Roman Reigns
- Don’t hold your breath on The Shield reuniting in the near future
- SPOILERS: Top indie star turns down Impact Wrestling to remain available
- SPOILER: WWE has big plans for Samoa Joe