The New Japan Pro Wrestling worldwide expansion is going well. There are no specific numbers available but the company was said to be pleasantly surprised by the advance ticket sales for the upcoming Australia tour. The news, first reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, is great news for them and it further cements them as the number 2 company behind WWE.
This week they announced that they would be adding IWGP United States Champion Kenny Omega, Jay White, and Toa Henare to the tour. Dave Meltzer reported that less than one day after Omega was announced for the tour, more than one of the locations was closing in on being sold out.
Clearly, Omega helped out with ticket sales but it’s encouraging to hear that they did so well with advance ticket sales before Omega was added.
NJPW will be running shows on the following dates:
February 16 (Adelaide)
February 17 (Melbourne)
February 18 (Sydney)
February 19 (Perth)
Tickets are on sale at tickets.destroyalllines.com.
Australia! We are proud to announce…..For the first time ever the IWGP United States heavyweight champion KENNY…
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Carmella seems to confirm breakup with Big Cass
- Three more top stars at Impact Wrestling could be leaving soon
- Former WWE Champion confirms that he has been invited to Raw 25th anniversary show
- A WWE return for Neville might be his best option right now
- Another former WWE Superstar confirmed for the Raw 25th anniversary show