Ric Flair will wrestle for what may be the final time (again) tonight in Nashville during Ric Flair's Final Match pay-per-view that airs on FITE TV and traditional pay-per-view.
Flair has stated in an interview that this is absolutely the last time you will see him wrestling. The build-up to this match included a bloody angle that involved Jay Lethal turning on Flair and Jeff Jarrett bloodying the Nature Boy in a parking lot after the press conference for this event several weeks ago.
- Ren Narita defeated Yuya Nemura in the opener for the pre-show. Uemura won the match with a belly-to-belly finisher.
- Tony Schiavone announced Ric Flair for an interview but instead, Jay Lethal came out with Karen Jarrett. He did his Flair impression and then he got serious. Lethal said he would give Flair his wish to die in his last match.
- Throughout the pre-show they aired taped tributes from several wrestlers from the past and present including Sting, Cody Rhodes, Nick Nemeth, JBL, Trish Stratus, Kurt Angle, Cody Rhodes, Dixie Carter and Nick Aldis. They also showed TMZ footage of Shawn Michaels and Booker T talking about Flair.
- Frank The Clown (Noelle Foley's boyfriend) went out to the ring and cut a heel promo on the crowd. Jacob Fatu went out to the ring but Frank backed away. Mick Foley came out and tossed him back in the ring and Fatu hit Frank with a superkick and a splash in the corner.
- Mance Warner won the Buckhouse Battle Royal. Nick Gage, Joey Janela and a host of GCW wrestlers "invaded" this match. The last two were Warner and Bully Ray. Warner celebrated by the announcers and Bully put him over.
Some of the big names shown in attendance include JJ Dillon, Vickie Guerrero, and Mick Foley. They aired a video voiced over by the legendary Bob Caudle. Tony Schiavone and David Crockett were on commentary and they tossed it to Hugo Savinovich and Carlos Cabrera on Spanish commentary.
- In the opener on the main card, The Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley) defeated The American Wolves (Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards). Scott D'Amore was on commentary for this one. MCMG won the match with the Skull and Crossbones finisher. Shelley may have tweaked something in his knee during the match.
- Killer Kross defeated Davey Boy Smith Jr. in just over 5 minutes. MLW's Joe Dombrowski was on commentary for this match.
- Jonathan Gresham pinned Alan "5" Angels in a Four Corners match. The other participants in the match were Nick Wayne and Knosuke Takeshita.
- Brock Anderson and Brian Pillman Jr. defeated Ricky and Kerry Morton when Brock pinned Ricky. Arn Anderson was out there in the corner of Brock and Brian.
- Up next was Bandido vs. Laredo Kid vs. Rey Fénix vs. Black Taurus. This match was a spectacle and depending on what kind of wrestling you like, this may be the match of the night up until this point and perhaps for the entire night. Fenix won the match by pinning Black Taurus. Great fast-paced match.
They aired some pre-taped comments from Jim Ross about Flair.
- The next match is Jacob Fatu vs. Impact World Champion Josh Alexander. Tom Hannifan was on commentary for this match. This was a good back-and-forth match. Fatu did some impressive high risk spots, including a springboard off the top rope. Brian Myers and Matt Cardona (with Mark Sterling) ruined the match when they ran in to attack both competitors. Alexander and Fatu fought back. DDP ran in the ring to hit a diamond cutter on Cardona.
Josh Shernoff went to interview Jeff Jarrett. Jerry Jarrett answered the door and let Shernoff in. Jerry Lawler was there. Lawler said this is Jarrett's biggest night of his life because of the headlines that will come out when he beats Flair. Lawler told Jarrett that he wants to see Flair humiliated. Lawler talked about Flair bragging about the "Flair strut" that was started by Jackie Fargo and he wants Jarrett to strut during the match.
- The Von Erichs (Marshall and Ross) vs. The Briscoes (Jay and Mark). Ian Riccaboni was on commentary for this one. This was a good hard hitting back and forth match. Marshall locked in the claw on Mark but was sent out of the ring by Jay. Mark pinned Ross after hitting the diving elbow off the top. The Von Erich's held their own though.
They aired the pre-taped tribute from Sting that they showed earlier.
In a three-way match, Jordynne Grace put her Impact Knockout Championship against Deonna Purrazzo and Rachael Ellering. In the opening minute, it looked like Ellering hurt her ankle and she had to be checked on by the doctors at ringside. Ellering seemed to be in pain but she insisted on continuing with the match. Grace retained by forcing Ellering to tap out to a rear naked choke hold.
The main event is next. Ric Flair and Andrade El Idolo vs. Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal. They aired a great video package to recap the events leading up to this match. They showed The Undertaker and Mick Foley in attendance along with Taker's wife Michelle McCool.
Jarrett argued with people around ringside as he made his way to the ring. Flair walked out with his iconic white robe and he wore the original big gold belt.
This was a Memphis style match in many ways with tons of blood, interference and brass knucks. Blood was covered in blood by the end of this but he won by using the brass knucks. Click here for more details on this match.