Many fans would say that the unfortunate circumstances that led to making changes to the card made the TLC pay-per-view better than it should have been. Kurt Angle’s return and the AJ Styles vs. Finn Balor match made the show feel like a bigger deal. Well, we almost did not get to see Styles vs. Balor on that show but we could have gotten a different dream match.
As reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, while it’s not clear how many different ideas were batted around for Balor, it has been confirmed that Chris Jericho was called about being Bray Wyatt’s replacement but he couldn’t do it because he’s currently on tour with his band Fozzy. Jericho is on tour in Europe through November 18 so there is no chance of him returning anytime before Survivor Series.
There was another idea that was pitched by Finn Balor but it was rejected by Vince McMahon. Click here to read more on that story.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- Triple H did something really cool for Kevin Owens when he didn’t have to
- WWE NXT star and ROH star are engaged to be married
- Natalya and Zack Ryder comment on accidental crotch grab while taking Raw “Under Siege”
- Brutus Beefcake posts email screenshot, says Hogan has been hanging out with his ex-wife
- PHOTO: The Undertaker makes a rare appearance and reunites with Ric Flair