For those of you that have asked for an update on Neville, his situation has not changed. Although he quit WWE, he remains under contract. Dave Meltzer noted in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that he would be in breach of contract if he talked about his issues with the company so you shouldn’t expect to hear anything from him anytime soon.
Neville did want to go elsewhere but he’s stuck as of now. It will be interesting to see what his next move is because he won’t be getting paid as long as his contract is frozen. The time away is added to his contract just like they did with Rey Mysterio because of his injury. It’s the same reason why Daniel Bryan can’t just decide not to go to work. It’s probably better to go back to work and get paid and run out your contract.
Neville’s options right now are to continue sitting at home and not get paid or return to work and collect a check. Last week on “Straight to the Source,” Enzo Amore put Neville over as a great wrestler and someone he used to travel with in NXT. He said that he’d love to see him return.
He's not talking, he's either sitting out his contract or they'll make a deal with him to return. https://t.co/O61XquTs81
— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) January 14, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- SPOILER: Major match with a returning Superstar planned for WrestleMania
- Headliner for WWE Hall Of Fame reportedly confirmed and it’s a big one
- Former WWE Women’s/Divas Champion contacted about returning for the women’s Royal Rumble
- SPOILER: Another name returning for the Raw 25th anniversary show
- Former WWE Women’s Champion is returning for the Royal Rumble
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!