It’s never a good thing when this kind of thing happens, especially when it’s concerning someone in pro wrestling. But Rich Swann was arrested on Sunday morning around 12:00 am on charges of battery and false imprisonment of an adult.
He is currently being held in custody and no bail has been posted at this point. With WWE’s zero tolerance policy toward charges of battery and other offenses, this could certainly put Swann’s future with Vince McMahon and Company in jeopardy. But at this point, it’s still an ongoing situation and no official word from WWE has been released.
Alachua County Florida authorities have stated that the charges are concerning alleged battery and false imprisonment of Swann’s wife who is also indie wrestler Su Yung.
We will continue to keep you updated with more information on this unfortunate issue as it surfaces.
Due to numerous national media requests…mugshot and arrest report for Rich Swann can be found here: https://t.co/PvQj5B7A7n
(Redactions made in accordance with FSS 119 that protects home address/phone of domestic violence victim.) pic.twitter.com/EgjbzTbjNq
— Gainesville Police (@GainesvillePD) December 10, 2017
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Hurricane Helms’ savage response to porn star Mia Khalifa after her comments about WWE
- WATCH: Triple H danced with Jinder Mahal and The Singh Brothers after match in India
- WWE seemingly forgets current SmackDown Live story at India live show
- Big news on Daniel Bryan’s in-ring WWE return
- WWE could have an excellent opponent in mind for Ronda Rousey