The CBS DC affiliate has an interview up with AJ Lee.
“We needed something to give the division a kick in the butt and Paige is perfect for that,” she said.
AJ talked about the storyline that seemed to hint at a lesbian storyline:
“You didn’t know what we were going to do for a while. I think that made it…Whether we were out there for 30 seconds, it was ‘What are they going to do? Oh, they’re sharing chocolate candy. This is awkward!’ There was something about that just made it special. It’s was just two wonderful weirdos, we have no idea what to expect from.”
On why she’s not doing Total Divas:
It’s been well documented for the second season they tried to get me on board. I’m not interested in being famous. I’m interested in doing my job and doing it well and that’s wrestling and that’s what I love.”
More on the AJ-Page same sex crush storyline:
Well, we are a PG program. But I think that’s the fun part. The thing is everyone said my character is unpredictable and you didn’t know where it was going. And then to have somebody that does the same thing, that’s also kind of kooky and crazy and you didn’t know what we were going to do for a while.
Other things covered in the conversation:
– Whether she knew she would win the Divas Title when she came back to WWE
– More on her in-ring chemistry with Paige
– More on her relationship with Paige
– More on why she just said no to Total Divas
– Debunking rumors about Total Divas cast members not getting title shots
– Who she wants to be in the WWE Hall of Fame
– Whether she considers herself Hall of Fame worthy
You can listen to the full interview by clicking here.