On Saturday, there was a report circulating on social media with the claim being that AJ Styles had signed a new contract. Apparently, the claim was that he signed a 3-year deal. We did not report the story because one WWE source told us that the story was not accurate.
Styles took to Twitter on Saturday night to refute the story. He wrote, “What was that? Are you sure? Please let me know the more because I know nothing about this. 🤨”
What was that? Are you sure? Please let me know the more because I know nothing about this. 🤨 https://t.co/912V4k44uy
— AJStyles.Org (@AJStylesOrg) February 3, 2019
As noted earlier this week, via the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Styles’ deal is up in April and he is sure to get offers from different companies like New Japan Pro Wrestling and All Elite Wrestling. However, the belief is that he will end up staying with WWE.
Styles has said in the past that he would like a lighter schedule so he can spend more time with his family. It seems like WWE would be more likely to offer something like that to him because there is no doubt that they would not want to lose him to AEW. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of months with his contract situation.