Alberto Del Rio held a press conference in Mexico on Friday afternoon to address his departure from WWE, which was announced early Friday morning. Here are some notes from the press conference, courtesy of Super Luchas and Lucha Blog.
- Del Rio said that he didn't feel comfortable in WWE anymore and wasn’t happy with how his second stint with the company went. Del Rio explained that he felt like has did everything in WWE and there was nothing left to prove in WWE. Del Rio asked WWE to be released from his contract, and they came to a mutual agreement.
- Del Rio is free to work in Mexico and will be working in the United States soon. WWE's traditional 90-day no-compete clause doesn't apply to him.
- Del Rio is currently in negotiations with AAA but doesn’t want to be exclusive to any promotion. He will have a meeting with Elite soon. He only wants to work 60 matches a year and is thinking about retirement. He would like to return to Arena Mexico and only expects to be in wrestling for two more years.
- Del Rio will once again be working under the name Alberto El Patron.
- Del Rio is currently in negotiations for a commentating job but did not mention if it was in pro wrestling or MMA.
- Del Rio didn’t mention his or Paige’s wellness policy suspensions. Paige was in attendance at the press conference but sat in the crowd.