Dave Meltzer reported in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Alberto Del Rio has been telling friends that he is going back to WWE when his legal situation clears up. Del Rio is accused of assaulting his ex-girlfriend.
Alberto has said similar things before and it’s likely that WWE has no intention of bringing him back. He said this before and they previously denied that there have been any talks about bringing him back.
Alberto is also involved in a legal case with Combate Americas MMA promotion. He sued them claiming that they breached their contract with him. He was the public face of the company and then was dropped but says he is owed $250,000 from his fight with Tito Ortiz. The lawsuit also claimed that he was supposed to receive $10,000 for every appearance he made where he would do announcing or promote the brand.
The company terminated their deal with him in 2019 but then they offered him the $250,000 for the fight with Ortiz on December 7, 2019. Alberto says he has yet to be paid for the fight. He also says that the company took over his social media accounts and he wants them back.