As previously noted on the site, Alberto El Patron was at WWE headquarters last week and he met with Vince McMahon. If a deal is made to bring him back then I would not expect to see him back on TV until the fall, at the earliest. I say that because he has been announced for AAA’s TripleMania show on August 25th and it’s unlikely that WWE would want to bring him back until he has completed his scheduled commitments. The meeting with McMahon is interesting because people at Impact Wrestling are hoping to sign him to a new deal before it expires next month.
— Lucha Libre AAA (@luchalibreaaa) March 6, 2018
He also announced plans to open a new restaurant in San Antonio. The previous establishment closed down back in October.
Sisisi amigos, nos vemos 15 y 16 de marzo para mi tour de medio @luchalibreaaa #triplemania #luchaporellos @combateamericas juego @TolucaFC vs @ClubAmerica mi nuevo restaurant en San Antonio el primer GYM el patron MMA también en San an y muchas cosas https://t.co/IlqDxEdB5C
— Alberto El Patron (@PrideOfMexico) March 6, 2018
El Patron has said publicly in the past that he would like one more run with WWE on a part-time schedule and he’d like for that to happen in 2019. He also said that he has talked with Triple H and he has apologized for some of his rants against him made last year. According to him, he was misled by Paige’s family into thinking that WWE was out to get him.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- Cue the CM Punk rumors…City and venue announced for Bullet Club’s “All In” show
- Why Renee Young missed Raw this week
- Jonathan Coachman named in sexual harassment lawsuit
- WWE has plans for dual-branded Money In The Bank matches
- Current WWE Superstar responds to question about joining the Bullet Club