As noted shortly before the Royal Rumble pay-per-view went on the air, Alicia Fox had to be pulled from the women’s Royal Rumble match because of an injury.
PWInsider reports that she suffered a broken tailbone and she will be out of action for a few months, at least. The injury occurred during a work out in the ring and not at a live event.
The women did not wrestle on the two live events leading up to the Rumble which would seem to indicate that they were given the time off so they could practice their Rumble spots. That is likely when she was injured.
We wish her the best and a speedy and full recovery.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- WWE news on why The Undertaker seemed a bit off during his ‘Raw 25’ promo
- A ‘WWE Raw 25’ segment was originally supposed to take place at the Manhattan Center
- The real reason why WWE fired Enzo Amore
- Matt Hardy to undergo another transformation?
- WWE star injured with a torn ACL