There's yet another former ROH star headed to WWE. On the New Age Insiders podcast, Donovan Dijak said that he was finishing up with his independent bookings. He will be finishing up with his remaining dates over the next couple of weeks and will then head to the WWE Performance Center next month.
Dijak has been on WWE's radar since last January. He had an offer from WWE in January but it was rescinded because of legal threats from ROH due to alleged contract tampering. He was in limbo for a few months after opting not to sign a new ROH contract in February.
Dijak, a three-sport athlete in high school, led his football team in tackles and sacks during his junior and senior year. He also led the basketball team in rebounding during his senior year and earned all-league honors in both sports. He made his ROH debut in 2014 and announced his departure in February. That announcement helped fuel the rumors about his future in WWE.
Did you miss some of the big news headlines from the last 24 hours? Catch up with some of the links below:
- Jim Cornette and Kenny Omega fire some serious shots on Twitter
- Former World Champion is done with GFW Impact Wrestling
- The latest on a potential Cris Cyborg vs. Becky Lynch match
- It turns out Jason Jordan didn’t even know he was Kurt Angle’s son
- Update on possible mystery opponents for Breezango at Battleground
- Karen Jarrett confirms talks between GFW and a former WWE World Champion?