It should probably be noted right off the bat that this deal is highly unlikely to materialize into anything notable at this point due to Goldberg’s inclusion in the WWE Hall Of Fame this year, but New Japan apparently had their eye on the former Universal Champion.
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted that New Japan Pro Wrestling and Goldberg were in talks to do something with each other.
The idea was to bring Goldberg in for some big shows, however as stated above since he’s being inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame this year and that kind of deal usually involves signing some kind of short-term contract at least, it might not be plausible for Goldberg to sign anything with NJPW at this point.
But you can never say never in pro wrestling.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Carmella seems to confirm breakup with Big Cass
- Three more top stars at Impact Wrestling could be leaving soon
- Former WWE Champion confirms that he has been invited to Raw 25th anniversary show
- A WWE return for Neville might be his best option right now
- Another former WWE Superstar confirmed for the Raw 25th anniversary show