When Neville was making his way from NXT to the main roster he not only dropped his first name which was Adrian, but he also avoided a pretty disastrous ring attire choice as well.
We’ve all heard about the infamous “Mighty Mouse” gimmick that Vince McMahon wanted to give Neville. But it turns out the big purple cape was just the start of things.
Apparently, they wanted to give him a full superhero outfit complete with mask and well… the picture really speaks louder than words.
Thanks to Pro Wrestling Sheet’s James McKenna, we can enjoy this sketch of what Neville’s ring attire almost ended up being. We can only imagine if he had to wear this to the ring things would have been very different for the King Of The Cruiserweights.
unsure if i have ever shared this, but heres a mockup of what they initially wanted neville to wear in wwe and i was SO insanely glad they shot it down last minute. pic.twitter.com/ZXOQlXRMVz
— james mckenna (@chillhartman) December 7, 2017
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Big news on Daniel Bryan’s in-ring WWE return
- WWE could have an excellent opponent in mind for Ronda Rousey
- WWE star’s career could be in jeopardy due to neck injury
- Former Superstar says he was set to portray Kane’s other brother on WWE television
- Sad story on Rob Van Dam – concussion, loss of income