There has been some speculation regarding Finn Balor’s status in WWE NXT after his most recent loss.
Balor had a strong push initially on the main roster but after an injury that resulted in him vacating the Universal Title, he was booked as an upper card talent before WWE moved him back to NXT.
Balor has stated in the media rounds that he made this week that he was initially told his current NXT run that started in late 2019 would only last for a few months and he is hoping to make a return to the main roster in the future.
Balor lost the NXT Title after a lengthy title reign to Karrion Kross at NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver last month then dropped a loss in the rematch on this past Tuesday’s episode of NXT.
WrestleVotes reported today that there is no edict put in place for Balor to return to the main roster right now although members of the Raw creative team have asked for him for months now.
Regarding Finn Balor: I’m told members of the RAW creative team have asked for him for months now. No edict has come down from the top yet yanking him from Orlando. The NXT crew adores Balor so unless the main roster has major plans for him, I’d think he’s OK where he is.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) May 27, 2021