For those of you wondering why Sin Cara has been getting a push with victories over Baron Corbin in recent weeks, it's because he signed a new deal with the company, according to PWInsider. One source told us that he signed a 3-year deal.
As part of the renewed focus being put on him, WWE, as part of their partnership with Reebok, Foot Locker, and Alexander John has launched a new line of sneakers with his likeness on them. The sneakers are a tribute to his home country of Mexico and the idea was something that Sin Cara came up with and had thought about for a while before it came to life.
WWE is looking to continue their expansion in Spanish-speaking countries so this is a good move on their part.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- Impact Wrestling management apologizes to Kazuchika Okada
- Former Impact Wrestling star could be on his way to WWE
- Long-time NXT star could finally be moving up to WWE’s main roster
- POSSIBLE SPOILERS: Upcoming Smackdown feuds, next challenger for the WWE Championship
- The Undertaker’s return to WWE is set