At the upcoming NXT TakeOver: War Games event, there will be a Fatal 4-Way to determine who will be the new NXT Women’s Champion. The title has been vacant since Asuka relinquished it during her injury, and moved up to the main roster. Over the past number of weeks, Ember Moon, Nikki Cross, Peyton Royce, and Kairi Sane have won matches to qualify for the match on Saturday.
Former NXT Women’s Champion Bayley was asked backstage during an NXT Live Event in Austin who she feels will be the new champion.
Here is her prediction.
“I’m really excited about all the competitors. But, I gotta say, I’m team Peyton Royce. She’s been my girl since day one since she’s got there. You know, she lived with me for a little bit when she first got there, you know, her story is kinda similar to mine. So, she’s someone who I think was always under the NXT radar, and she is just incredible in the ring. She’s gonna be a huge, huge star someday, and it starts with the NXT Championship this Saturday in Houston.”
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) November 17, 2017
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Former WWE star has found a unique job outside of the wrestling business
- SmackDown Live could get an unprecedented heel turn soon
- Former WWE star says he is clean and sober after completing rehab
- There’s a good reason why Braun Strowman vs Kane wasn’t a “real match”
- Almost 40 people have left Impact Wrestling in 2017