On his radio show, Booker T addressed the story that got out last week about him pulling out of Starrcast III. For those of you that missed it, Dave Meltzer noted that Booker pulled out of All Out and evidently said that he did so because he did not want to get in between the AEW vs. WWE war. Meltzer later clarified that Booker was pulling out of Starrcast III, which takes place during All Out weekend.
Booker started out by saying that there were “straight up lies” being reported about him. He noted that he and wife Sharmell had a great time at Starrcast II in Las Vegas but after that event, he said that he would not do it again because he didn’t feel it was right to be at Starrcast while working for WWE.
Booker said Conrad Thompson asked him if he was available for meet and greets on Saturday 8/31 in Chicago. Booker responded by saying, “I’m available” and later confirmed that he would be there after Thompson sent him the time for the meet and greets.
Booker later said he pulled out because he claimed to not know that the booking was for Starrcast III.
Booker acknowledged that he did say that the “war is real” between WWE and AEW and he didn’t want to be caught in the middle of it so he basically acknowledged what Meltzer said was accurate.
Booker was adamant that he only agreed to a date for Conrad Thompson but he thought it might have been a Comic Con or an independent show and not Starrcast III. “Not one thought went through my mind that it was Starrcast,” Booker said.
You can listen to Booker’s explanation in the video below: