It looks like the rumors are true about Brock Lesnar going back to UFC. During an appearance on UFC Tonight on Wednesday, Dana White told host Daniel Cormier that Brock Lesnar is going to fight again.
“Yeah, Brock Lesnar’s coming back,” White said. “I don’t know when, but yes he is.”
Lesnar still needs complete the rest of his suspension after failing a pair of drug tests that were administered around the time of his UFC 200 fight with Mark Hunt in 2016.
MMAFighting.com’s Ariel Helwani noted that this was not just promoter talk from White. Helwani said, “According to multiple sources, this isn’t promoter talk from White. UFC is confident Lesnar will be back after his WWE duties are wrapped up on Sunday. A deal is in place. Key now is to finalize it.”
At this point, this would mean that Paul Heyman would be done as well, unless WWE decides to pair him with someone else. We’ll post updates on this story as we get them. Scroll down for White’s comments about Lesnar’s return to the UFC.
According to multiple sources, this isn’t promoter talk from White. UFC is confident Lesnar will be back after his WWE duties are wrapped up on Sunday. A deal is in place. Key now is to finalize it. https://t.co/ttaxduf15J
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) April 5, 2018
Dana White dropping news that Brock Lesnar is coming back to the octagon. pic.twitter.com/FUGHO21i8O
— FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) April 5, 2018
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- PHOTO: Shawn Michaels has cut off his hair and fans are struggling to process this news
- WWE News on which match is scheduled to go on last at WrestleMania
- WWE star, unhappy with his push, reportedly asked to be released
- Michelle McCool lets fans know what The Undertaker was doing on the morning after Raw
- WWE news on possible tag team partners for Braun Strowman at WrestleMania