It looks like we have confirmation on why Nia Jax disappeared from WWE TV in recent weeks. Dave Meltzer reported last week that there was nothing to the stories about her walking out or demanding a pay raise. We also reported that a friend close to Jax told us that she never walked out.
In fact, she just needed some time off to recharge. On Sunday evening, she retweeted a fan tweet that said that she took time off because she needed to give attention to a nagging back injury. I guess that is her way to let fans know what is going on without issuing her own statement.
This lines up with what Alexa Bliss said last week. Some called it a leave of absence but Jax didn’t want to use those words. Regardless, there were no issues between her and WWE it appears that the stories about The Rock telling her to walk away if she was unhappy were not accurate.
Jax is expected back on Raw this week just in time to fly out with the rest of the roster for the UK tour.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- A former WWE Champion was contacted last weekend about being Finn Balor’s TLC opponent
- Update on Roman Reigns, Bo Dallas, and Bray Wyatt
- Natalya and Zack Ryder comment on accidental crotch grab while taking Raw “Under Siege”
- Brutus Beefcake posts email screenshot, says Hogan has been hanging out with his ex-wife
- PHOTO: The Undertaker makes a rare appearance and reunites with Ric Flair