For the last couple of years, there had been talk about Conor McGregor and WWE working together. Those talks died down in recent months but, according to the UK Sun, the talks are back on for a one-off appearance at WrestleMania.
A source told The Sun that “Conor is a huge wrestling fan. His entire persona on stage he has developed from watching performers like Ric Flair and The Rock” and he is a fan of their trash talk and self-promotion. The source is also quoted as saying that WWE is always something that he’s wanted to do but the timing was not right before.
Earlier this year, McGregor said that WWE wanted to sign him and he was open to working something out. He said, “Never say never. I’d love to go into that WWE and have a real knock.” Later, he said, “But we’ll see. There’s conversations ongoing. I’ve turned down some things, the conversation’s still ongoing.”
It looks like WWE is putting up big money for WrestleMania 34 in New Orleans. The other big rumor is that Ronda Rousey will wrestle a match at Mania. We’ll see what happens and we’ll pass along updates as we get them.
Check out some of the trending WWE news stories below:
- Brian Knobbs looks great after dropping a ton of weight
- Backstage news on why WWE decided to reunite The Shield
- WWE news on possible plans for Braun Strowman at the TLC pay-per-view
- WATCH: Things get heated when Santino Marella confronted Jim Cornette at Detroit convention
- WWE Superstar hinting at retirement?