Unfortunately, it looks like Dean Ambrose will be taking an extended period of time away from WWE. As we noted on Monday night, he was injured before his match on Raw and the attack by Samoa Joe was a cover to explain why he will be out of action.
Dr. Chris Amann told WWE.com that “An MRI has shown suspicion for a high-grade triceps tendon injury, possibly a tear, so he is undergoing surgical exploration and most likely surgical repair of the torn triceps tendon.”
Ambrose underwent surgery on Tuesday and we should know within the next few hours what his recovery timetable will be. It’s a bad time to get injured because if he is out for more than 4 months then he will likely miss WrestleMania.
We’ll pass along updates when we get them.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- SPOILER: The first 5 members of the 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame
- Vince McMahon apparently wants to bring back the XFL
- Enzo Amore says he is not removing the penis from his driver’s license (DL photo included)
- Former ECW star appeared on SmackDown Live this week
- Another departure at Impact Wrestling, top names could be on the way out soon